The general purpose of the St. John Vianney Foundation is to support, enhance and promote resources, programs, and activities designed to meet the needs and vision of the St. John Vianney Parish Community.
St. John Vianney Board of Trustees
- Fr. John Vallier
- Nicholas Andersen
- Edward Bokhart
- Karen Kriscunas, Vice President
- Steve Luczak, President
- Sandy Maxim, Secretary
- Sue Rysdyk, Treasurer
- Mary Shamblin
Planned Giving Committee
- Sandy Maxim: 724-3129
St. John Vianney Foundation Funds
In accordance with the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws of the St. John Vianney Foundation, the Foundation will receive, hold, manage, and invest gifts of money and property for the funds indicated below.
Gifts received by the Foundation can be specifically donated to any of the designated funds or can be left unrestricted. The Trustees shall apportion unrestricted gifts to one or more of the Foundation’s funds on an annual basis.
Education Foundation (Endowment) Fund
The Education Foundation (Endowment) Fund is the original Foundation fund. The investment returns from this fund are available to support the general educational needs of the parish including Faith Formation as well as the school. The income from these investments is disbursed through consultation with parish and school leadership in response to grant requests.
Catholic School Fund
Income from the Catholic School Fund will be used to fund the operations of the school. The investment income will be transferred to the school to directly offset operating expenses. The fund is to be treated as an endowed fund but with provisions to address unforeseen needs.
Tuition Assistance Fund
Funds apportioned to, or specifically donated to the Tuition Assistance Fund will be used to support students attending St. John Vianney School who meet grant guidelines.
Funds apportioned to, or specifically donated to the Capital Fund will be used to fund capital projects within St. John Vianney Parish. The Capital Fund is being used in support of the “Faith in Our Future” campaign. As of 9/30/2017 we were holding $14,351 in the Capital Fund. During the fiscal year, $48,000 was transferred to support the Parish heating/cooling upgrades. The total represents only a portion of the total capital raised by the campaign. The fund is used primarily for contributors who can receive matching corporate donations.
The General Fund was created in 2010 and does not contain enough funds to open an account.
Contributions and Grants
The Foundation fiscal year runs from October 1 through September 30. So far this fiscal year, we have contributed to the Parish and School in the following areas:
- Partial reimbursement to teachers for continuing education
- Tuition assistance to families
- General operating expenses for the School. This support from the Catholic School Fund helps keep tuition increases to a minimum
to staff and teachers from the Endowment Fund:
- White boards for 12 classrooms
- Science supplies and equipment
- Social Studies curriculum and Discover Kids Magazine
- Academic support and Reading Intervention Resources
- Elementary and Middle School Bibles for Religious Ed and School
- Catechism of the Catholic Church for Religious Ed and School 8th grade
- Title IIa contract not paid by Kellogsville School System
- Contribution for a portion of the Interventionists salary