HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH MINISTRY
High School youth are invited to participate in weekly High School Youth Ministry meetings. We use the Ydisciple program through the FORMED website.
YDisciple is a re-thinking of the way youth ministry is done in the Church. It provides an ideal environment for teenagers to come to know and love their faith. Discipleship is not a program – it is an apprenticeship in the Christian life.
YDisciple is designed to:
- Train and equip adults to disciple teens.
- Connect teens with caring, faith-filled adults who can apprentice them in the disciplines of a disciple.
- Draw teens out of the crowd into an environment where they can be known and cared for.
- Catechize in a small-group setting where testimony, discussion, and faith sharing can take place.
- Support parents with resources to grow in their own faith and share their faith with their teenagers.
- Provide quality content so adult leaders can effectively introduce and explore topics of the faith.
- Mobilize as many adults as possible to mentor teens through a user-friendly online platform.
Sessions generally follow this format:
- Dig in – Introduce the Session with Activity or Discussion
- Plant Seeds – Lead the Opening Prayer and Set up the Theme with a Scripture Passage, Catechism reference, or Notable Quote that Captures the Study
- Sink Roots – Watch the Video Segments for the Main Content of the Study
- Live It – Explore how to Live these Teachings
- Take it to Prayer – Pray and Encourage Prayer and Reflection
- Bear Fruit – Summarize and Help the Teens Set Resolutions to Live these Teachings