Maintenance Help Wanted
St. John Vianney Parish in Wyoming, Michigan, is looking for a reliable, skilled maintenance/custodial worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout our facility. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure that our facilities are both tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job, as the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
- Perform minor fixes, such as replacing toilet flush valves, paint touch-up, etc.
- Check circuit breaker panels and electrical wiring to identify issues and determine appropriate response.
- Maintain grounds, including yard upkeep, trimming, edging, mowing lawn, collecting trash, etc.
- Perform necessary cleaning activities, such as vacuuming, mopping, trash removal, cleaning restroom facilities, etc.
- Complete regular maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs, appliance batteries, etc.
- Inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems
- Be familiar with and aware of the functionality of the facility’s safety systems
- Collaborate with a team of workers and other professionals during renovations and facility expansions
- Report to facilities or maintenance manager regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
Maintenance/Custodial Worker Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position
- Basic working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
- Successful completion of on-site apprenticeship training required
- Ability to read and utilize technical manuals and drawings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General passion for creative problem-solving
Please send inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Larry