Our parish is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year, and we have many exciting events planned!
- August 2, 2017, at 6:30 PM there will be a Mass celebrated commemorating the founding of St. John Vianney Parish
- August 4, 2017, at 6:30 PM a Feast Day Mass will be celebrated
- August 6, 2017, at 10:30 AM Bishop David Walkowiak will celebrate the SJV 75th Anniversary Mass
- August 13, 2017, Bill and Carol Brewis from Our Lady of Good Counsel will give a presentation on Family Life and Mercy in Marriage, beginning at 4:30 PM with a dinner in the Village Hall following the presentation
- December 10-12, 2017, Advent Parish Mission with Jon Leonetti
- February 18-20, 2018, Lenten Parish Mission with Bill Donaghy from the Theology of the Body Institute
- September 20, 2018, Reboot! Live! with Chris Stefanick
Be sure to mark these dates on your calendar, and plan on joining in the celebration!
Jon Leonetti has dedicated his life to helping Catholics fall in love and stay in love with the living God. Jon invites you and your parish to take part in the Surge of the Heart parish mission for A THREE EVENING CATHOLIC MISSION YOU WILL NEVER FORGET.
EVENING 1: December 10, 7 PM, SJV Church
WHO IS GOD AND WHY LOVE HIM?
We cannot love someone we don’t know. Therefore, in order to love God we have to first know God. So how do we come to know God? We examine the ways he’s revealed himself to us. And in understanding the ways he’s revealed himself to us, we better understand who we are, too. Jon takes us through the greatest love story ever told––the Bible––helping us see how God wants to break into our lives, and how it will change us completely if we let him do it.
EVENING 2: December 11, 7 PM, SJV Church
GOD’S DREAM FOR YOUR LIFE
God’s dream is to make you a saint. No matter who you are, God has called you by name, waiting for your yes. What does that yes look like? On this second evening, Jon shares both powerful and humorous stories of Catholic men and women who revolutionized their generation, living and sharing the extraordinary love and mercy of God in the most ordinary of ways. They’re stories that will make you laugh and stories that will make you cheer—and stories that will make you want to go and do likewise.
EVENING 3: December 12, 7PM, SJV Church
LIVING GOD’S DREAM
With great love comes much responsibility. A responsibility to live and share the Gospel with those around us. How are we equipped for the mission Christ has given us? We have to get back to the basics. Jon shares 3 practical and effective ways we as Catholics can strengthen our resolve to live the life God always meant for us to live, and bring others with us along the way.
(St. Teresa of Calcutta)
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith, typically run over eleven weeks. Each talk looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. Alpha is run all around the globe, and everyone is welcome. Watch this video: Try Alpha
A Typical Alpha
Alpha runs in cafés, churches, universities, homes —you name it. No two Alphas look the same, but they generally have three key things in common: food, a talk and good conversation.
Alpha will begin at St. John Vianney on January 4 at 6:00 PM in the Village Hall. More details and registration coming soon!