Our 75 Year Anniversary Celebration Continues
Bill will be giving his presentation on “The Art of Being Human” February 18, 19, and 20, from 7-8 PM in the church. There is no charge to attend. Each evening’s talk builds on the previous evening, so be sure to attend all three nights!
Bill Donaghy (Don-a-hee) has worked in the fields of mission and evangelization since 1999. In October of 2000, he was chosen to represent his country in a special tribute for the Jubilee of Missionaries in Rome. With 11 other missionaries from around the world, he was given a simple cross by St. John Paul II and called by the Holy Father to “bring Jesus back to your country.” He is filled with a passion for his faith and dedicated to spreading the joy of the New Evangelization. Through his work with the Pontifical Mission Societies, Bill has given hundreds of talks on the Catholic Faith to young people throughout the greater Philadelphia area and beyond. Bill worked for nearly a decade teaching theology at Malvern Preparatory School as well as Immaculata University, while giving talks, retreats, and conferences for the Theology of the Body Institute. He has recently entered full time work for the Institute as an instructor for the Certification Program, an international speaker, and curriculum specialist. He has given talks and retreats to bishops, priests, deacons, consecrated men and women, and the lay faithful throughout the United States, as well as Canada, Mexico, Chile, Australia and Papua New Guinea. He and his wife, Rebecca, live just outside of Philadelphia, PA with their four children.
2018 Diocesan Women’s Conference
Women of the diocese, age 18 and up, come meet new friends, laugh and pray together at the 9th annual Diocesan Women’s Conference.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Cost: $30 pp, includes morning hospitality and lunch (after March 12, registration fee increases to $35)
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church
6390 Belmont Ave. NE
Belmont, MI 49306
Two ways to register:
Click here to open the registration form, then print and complete it. Tear off the registration slip and return it with a check made payable to “Diocese of Grand Rapids” to:
Diocese of Grand Rapids
360 Division Ave S
Grand Rapids MI 49503
About the featured speakers:
Contact Tammy Graves in the office of faith formation, firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-288-0912.
Auction 2018 – We’ve Got Spirit!
When: Saturday, April 21, 2017
Where: Knights of Columbus Hall
What’s it all about?
Auction is an annual fundraiser for SJV School and Parish. It’s a fun and exciting event with a Silent Auction, Twist Tables, and a Live Auction. The items auctioned off are donated by local businesses, school parents, parishioners and other individuals in the community. The event raises funds for technology, student scholarships, and capital improvements in the parish and school. Past Auction proceeds have funded new computer labs, upgraded wiring for the school and parish office, various computer lab accessories and software, a new playground, and more!
How Can I Help?
- Attend Auction! Ticket information will be coming soon, so please join us for a fun filled night to support SJV!
- Auction depends on donations of assorted items, services, SCRIP gift certificates, other gift certificates and monetary donations for silent auctions, oral auction and various raffles. All donations are tax deductible!
- The Auction Committee is still looking for help in various areas. Please email Chad and Amanda Hoop at email@example.com if you are interested.
Our parish is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year, and we have many exciting events planned!
- August 2, 2017, at 6:30 PM there will be a Mass celebrated commemorating the founding of St. John Vianney Parish
- August 4, 2017, at 6:30 PM a Feast Day Mass will be celebrated
- August 6, 2017, at 10:30 AM Bishop David Walkowiak will celebrate the SJV 75th Anniversary Mass
- August 13, 2017, Bill and Carol Brewis from Our Lady of Good Counsel will give a presentation on Family Life and Mercy in Marriage, beginning at 4:30 PM with a dinner in the Village Hall following the presentation
- December 10-12, 2017, Advent Parish Mission with Jon Leonetti
Here are the recordings!
- February 18-20, 2018, Lenten Parish Mission with Bill Donaghy from the Theology of the Body Institute
- September 20, 2018, Reboot! Live! with Chris Stefanick
Be sure to mark these dates on your calendar, and plan on joining in the celebration!
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith, typically run over eleven weeks. Each talk looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. Alpha is run all around the globe, and everyone is welcome. Watch this video: Try Alpha
A Typical Alpha
Alpha runs in cafés, churches, universities, homes —you name it. No two Alphas look the same, but they generally have three key things in common: food, a talk and good conversation.
Alpha will begin at St. John Vianney on January 4 at 6:00 PM in the Village Hall. For more details and registration, contact Marty Best at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (616) 724-3132.